Sunday, June 7, 2009

Do you forget something every morning before you go to work? (3)

Yes I do.. since I'm in Sudan many times I forgot to take either my cell phone, my keys bunch, my umbrella or my wallet, it's always one of these things is missing when I arrive to work, but it's too late then to go back unless I lose half of my day just on the way back and again to the work.
But now, I never forget any one of these four thing any more, at least, and here with the secret:
once a day I have met an old driver, he works for the international federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent in Khartoum, he came to Kassala my city in the east of Sudan with a team for a certain mission, I hosted him that day in our family house to stay over night and then in the next day him and the rest of the team drove back to Khartoum. In the morning joined us me and my brothers drinking the morning tea , and then we started to discuss around many issues, then I told them my story of forgetting my things, he looked down for a while then he looked to me with a big smile and he said to me: you know I was just like you, but I have a very good way to remember my things, I always count to three before going out, and that by checking 1- my watch 2- my wallet and 3- my car keys. if there something missing the counting will never come to three, so I know what is the missing thing very easy.
Now I do the same I remembered that story when I forget to take my umbrella one day, and it was a very good weather, but then when I was coming back there was heavy clouds and it started raining, and that's Bergen. from that day I always count to 4, 1- my wallet, 2- my keys, 3- my cell phone and 4- my umbrella.
Try that and you will find it very practical,,,,
see you tomorrow, stay near :)

No comments: